Equipment volunteers support the mission of Spartanburg Shares by ensuring all rental
equipment is clean, in good working condition and catalogued correctly for easy identification.
Volunteers should have the following skills, experience and abilities:
- Unrestricted mobility
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Basic mechanical skills
- The ability to work cooperatively with other volunteers
- Pleasant manner, patience and dependability
Equipment volunteers report directly to the Volunteer Coordinator.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect and clean returned equipment with designated cleaner
- Repair any damaged equipment when possible
- Remove any non-repairable equipment from rental circulation and identify with red tag
- Ensure identification tags are intact on all equipment
- Enter inventory into computer
- Keep work area tidy and garbage emptied daily
- Ensure personal safety by using goggles and gloves as needed
- Work collaboratively with office volunteers when needed to assist clients complete
- loan/return transaction in timely manner
- Keep volunteer coordinator updated on any pertinent information via email/phone
- Keep accurate record of personal volunteer time in volunteer time log
- Attend volunteer meetings and training when requested